Most of our visits are private, but from time to time we do attend events which are open to the public where you are welcome to come along and meet our lovely donkeys.
- 7th May – Itteringham May Fayre, 11am to 4pm
- 12th May – Hethersett Summer Fete, 11am to 3pm
- 28th May – Bircham Windmill Country Day, Bircham near Kings Lynn
- 30th May – Suffolk Show, East of England Co-op stand
- 9th June – Family day Wymondham Rugby Club
- 10th June – Country/family day Tunstead Village Hall
- 28th June – Royal Norfolk Show, East of England Co-op stand
- 22nd July – Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum. Family Fun Day, Flixton
- 27th July – Norfolk Day Celebrations, Mundesley
- 13th August – Cromer Carnival
- 26th August – Cars on the Close, Renson Close, Norwich
- 27th August – Aylsham Show
- 8th September – Wymondham Abbey Harvest Festival
- 16th September – The Hawk and Owl Trust, Stonham Barns
- 6th October – Harfest, Norwich Cathedral.
- 9th December – Dereham Windmill
- 24th December – Christmas Eve service, Wymondham Abbey
Please note: There may be an admission charge to some of these events.
Mini Donks on Facebook
Feedback from previous visits
It was all fantastic but the room visits were the best. Had me in tears the reactions we had.
You get smiles where nothing else can – thank you so much
Pixie and Bo Peep were the best behaved donkeys ever, our residents thoroughly enjoyed their visit… I cannot recommend Sarah, her donkeys and fabulous volunteers enough.
It was the most special visit for our residents, staff and extended families. Thank you so much.
The donkeys came to visit our tenants and Pippin went into the room of a very poorly lady. The look on her face was priceless. Thank you for bringing some joy and love to our setting.
We were delighted with your visit, all ages and abilities loved the friendly donkeys.
Highlights were being able to have the donkeys up close even for residents nursed in bed, to be able to tell residents’ families about the visit and have photos to show them. Sarah and volunteers went out of their way to make it a special visit. More visits, more donkeys, we love you!
Amazing reactions of residents, especially those with restricted communication. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Smiles all round, thank you.
Your visit encouraged the residents outside into the sunshine. They enjoyed stroking and interacting with the donkeys as well as chatting to each other. So nice to see them enjoying themselves. Thank you.
Thank you, they were amazing. The patients loved them.
My mum is one of the residents you refer to. I visited her this evening, words are a struggle but she was definitely trying to tell me about the donkeys! Thank you so much for visiting her.
You guys (most of all the donkeys) are awesome. Bringing joy and happiness to people who can’t get out easily. Keep up the good work
You kindly took two little donkeys into my wife’s room, to say it made our day is very much an understatement, in fact my wife said ‘it is something I will never forget’.
The main highlight has to be with one resident who never leaves her bedroom. This lady suffers from dementia and the donkeys visited her in her bedroom. As soon as she saw them her face lit up. She absolutely loved them.
The residents enjoyed interacting with the donkeys and being able to touch them. They were interested to hear all about them and they loved them being in the lounge as most of the residents are not able to get outside.